Funny UC Davis pepper-spray images go viral
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The controversial video of the UC Davis police officer pepper spraying Occupy Davis protesters in the face went viral. The same images that sparked so much outrage have gone viral again, thanks to humorous photo editing.
It's all over the Internet - images of the officer spraying the keyboard cat or the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz.
"I think it's funny. It's comical. It brings comic relief to the situation because the situation, it's not funny at all," said Brianna Pearlaman.
Just go online, and you'll find the pictures are multiplying. Some classic works of art have been peppered with the officer's image. He is seen pepper spraying the Declaration of Independence as the founding fathers look on. He pepper sprays House Speaker John Boehner, who is dabbing his eyes in the image.
Karen North, director of online communities at the USC Annenberg School, said this is a creative protest.
"Something happens that's not funny, somebody finds a funny angle on it, and all of a sudden, everybody's enjoying mocking the bad behavior," North said. "This kind of satire keeps pointing back to the problems that happened at Davis."
So that controversial video has now provided humorous images of the officer spraying poor little Cindy Lou and knocking down planes with pepper spray atop the Empire State Building.
technology, caught on tape, bizarre news, carlos granda
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained 7 min ago
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3 11 min ago
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
22 min ago