Kitten rescued after spending Thanksgiving in pipe
EL CAJON, Calif. (KABC) -- A kitten in El Cajon, Calif., was rescued after spending most of Thanksgiving trapped in a pipe.
The frisky feline could be heard meowing from several feet down an electrical plastic pipe.
At first, emergency animal rescue tried to save it, but the operation ultimately required El Cajon police and some firefighters.
They tried different methods, even attempting to lure the kitten out with tuna. After three hours of hard work, they pulled the kitty up with a makeshift catchpole.
The cat is doing fine, and she's even found a new home. One of the police officers who helped with the rescue adopted her.
animal news, rescue, san diego, bizarre news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC 27 min ago
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 16 min ago
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler