Kitten rescued after spending Thanksgiving in pipe
EL CAJON, Calif. (KABC) -- A kitten in El Cajon, Calif., was rescued after spending most of Thanksgiving trapped in a pipe.
The frisky feline could be heard meowing from several feet down an electrical plastic pipe.
At first, emergency animal rescue tried to save it, but the operation ultimately required El Cajon police and some firefighters.
They tried different methods, even attempting to lure the kitten out with tuna. After three hours of hard work, they pulled the kitty up with a makeshift catchpole.
The cat is doing fine, and she's even found a new home. One of the police officers who helped with the rescue adopted her.
animal news, rescue, san diego, bizarre news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 29 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 49 min ago
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes 56 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'