Kitten rescued after spending Thanksgiving in pipe
EL CAJON, Calif. (KABC) -- A kitten in El Cajon, Calif., was rescued after spending most of Thanksgiving trapped in a pipe.
The frisky feline could be heard meowing from several feet down an electrical plastic pipe.
At first, emergency animal rescue tried to save it, but the operation ultimately required El Cajon police and some firefighters.
They tried different methods, even attempting to lure the kitten out with tuna. After three hours of hard work, they pulled the kitty up with a makeshift catchpole.
The cat is doing fine, and she's even found a new home. One of the police officers who helped with the rescue adopted her.
animal news, rescue, san diego, bizarre news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- How food inspectors grade restaurants
7 min ago