Message in bottle from NY found on Portugal
BROCKPORT, N.Y. (KABC) -- It started as a way to encourage fourth graders to write more, but a year later, a message in a bottle written by a 10-year-old boy in New York was found in Portugal.
Curtis Kipple wrote a letter last year at his school and stuffed it in a bottle. His teacher arranged to have it tossed into the Atlantic Ocean.
Then, last week, the school received an email that his message in a bottle had been found.
"It's a dream come true for a teacher because for kids, its tells you that you can do things, that you can dream a little bit and dreams do come true sometimes," said teacher Chris Albrecht.
The bottle was reeled in by a fisherman in Portugal, 3,400 miles away.
But this wasn't the first bottle to be found from that batch. Another one wound up in Nova Scotia a few months ago.
school, bizarre news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 18 min ago
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating 54 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)