Soldier pops out of box, surprises family
TULSA, Okla. (KABC) -- A soldier who returned home after serving in Afghanistan surprised her family by popping out of a Christmas gift.
It was a night that the Oklahoma family won't forget.
Kevin Gaines had been taking care of the kids while his wife was in Afghanistan. His church knew it was hard on them, so they decided to surprise the family with Christmas carols and gifts.
Then, U.S. Army Sgt. Jamee Gaines popped out of a box.
"It feels good to not be on rocks and dirt and sand. And it's going to be good to be home in the states at least for a couple of weeks," she said.
Gaines will head back to Afghanistan on Dec. 21. She expects to be home for good in March.
afghanistan war, bizarre news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 27 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours 38 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 34 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 30 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 31 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq 50 min ago
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks