Soldier pops out of box, surprises family
TULSA, Okla. (KABC) -- A soldier who returned home after serving in Afghanistan surprised her family by popping out of a Christmas gift.
It was a night that the Oklahoma family won't forget.
Kevin Gaines had been taking care of the kids while his wife was in Afghanistan. His church knew it was hard on them, so they decided to surprise the family with Christmas carols and gifts.
Then, U.S. Army Sgt. Jamee Gaines popped out of a box.
"It feels good to not be on rocks and dirt and sand. And it's going to be good to be home in the states at least for a couple of weeks," she said.
Gaines will head back to Afghanistan on Dec. 21. She expects to be home for good in March.
afghanistan war, bizarre news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break