Soldier pops out of box, surprises family
TULSA, Okla. (KABC) -- A soldier who returned home after serving in Afghanistan surprised her family by popping out of a Christmas gift.
It was a night that the Oklahoma family won't forget.
Kevin Gaines had been taking care of the kids while his wife was in Afghanistan. His church knew it was hard on them, so they decided to surprise the family with Christmas carols and gifts.
Then, U.S. Army Sgt. Jamee Gaines popped out of a box.
"It feels good to not be on rocks and dirt and sand. And it's going to be good to be home in the states at least for a couple of weeks," she said.
Gaines will head back to Afghanistan on Dec. 21. She expects to be home for good in March.
afghanistan war, bizarre news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 14 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery 59 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
49 min ago