Soldier pops out of box, surprises family
TULSA, Okla. (KABC) -- A soldier who returned home after serving in Afghanistan surprised her family by popping out of a Christmas gift.
It was a night that the Oklahoma family won't forget.
Kevin Gaines had been taking care of the kids while his wife was in Afghanistan. His church knew it was hard on them, so they decided to surprise the family with Christmas carols and gifts.
Then, U.S. Army Sgt. Jamee Gaines popped out of a box.
"It feels good to not be on rocks and dirt and sand. And it's going to be good to be home in the states at least for a couple of weeks," she said.
Gaines will head back to Afghanistan on Dec. 21. She expects to be home for good in March.
afghanistan war, bizarre news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill
- Toronto mayor denies crack cocaine video
11 min ago