Meth found in canned cheese sauce, jalapenos
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a suspected drug smuggler tried to get creative at the U.S.-Mexico border. Agents say he tried putting meth inside cans of jalapenos and cheese sauce.
Border Patrol officers say a 21-year-old Mexican citizen who lives in Oxnard was driving back into the U.S. with groceries. An officer thought there was something unusual about the cans, so he X-rayed them.
He discovered packages of methamphetamine stuffed inside the cheese and jalapeno cans.
A total of 7 pounds of meth was found in the cans, estimated to be worth about $140,000.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
drug war, mexico, bizarre news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 23 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls 12 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts