Meth found in canned cheese sauce, jalapenos
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a suspected drug smuggler tried to get creative at the U.S.-Mexico border. Agents say he tried putting meth inside cans of jalapenos and cheese sauce.
Border Patrol officers say a 21-year-old Mexican citizen who lives in Oxnard was driving back into the U.S. with groceries. An officer thought there was something unusual about the cans, so he X-rayed them.
He discovered packages of methamphetamine stuffed inside the cheese and jalapeno cans.
A total of 7 pounds of meth was found in the cans, estimated to be worth about $140,000.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
drug war, mexico, bizarre news
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested 8 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges 2 min ago
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies 4 min ago
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot