Meth found in canned cheese sauce, jalapenos
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a suspected drug smuggler tried to get creative at the U.S.-Mexico border. Agents say he tried putting meth inside cans of jalapenos and cheese sauce.
Border Patrol officers say a 21-year-old Mexican citizen who lives in Oxnard was driving back into the U.S. with groceries. An officer thought there was something unusual about the cans, so he X-rayed them.
He discovered packages of methamphetamine stuffed inside the cheese and jalapeno cans.
A total of 7 pounds of meth was found in the cans, estimated to be worth about $140,000.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
drug war, mexico, bizarre news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight 1 min ago
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list