Family surprised w/ 1st girl in 5 generations
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (KABC) -- A couple in Terre Haute, Indiana, gave birth to the first girl in the family in nearly a century.
Ashlyn is the first girl born into the family in five generations, which goes back to the early 1900s, and as you can imagine, she is getting spoiled beyond belief.
"Pink, lots of pink, never had so much pink in our house before," said father Chris Ward.
The Wards, who already have a son, previously decided that Ashlyn would be their last child, whether it was a boy or a girl.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'