Woman's bungee cord snaps during Zimbabwe jump
VICTORIA FALLS BRIDGE, Zimbabwe (KABC) -- A thrill-seeker got the scare of a lifetime when her bungee cord snapped during a jump in Zimbabwe.
Australian tourist Erin Langworthy fell into the Zambezi River after the rope snapped.
Langworthy says it's a miracle she even survived.
"When I was first pulled out of the water, they put me on my back, and so all the water that I inhaled meant that I couldn't breathe. So I made them roll me over onto my side and that's when I started coughing out water and blood," Langworthy said.
Photos of Langworthy in the hospital show some of the scrapes and bruises she received to her back and arms.
She can smile about it now knowing that she wasn't seriously injured in the fall.
caught on tape, bizarre news, john hartung
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight
- Wrong-way driver causes 8-car pileup on 14 Fwy
- SoCal fire season could be worst in 100 years
- South LA chase ends with crash, standoff
- West Hills murder suspect caught in motel room
- 911 caller in Pasadena shooting pleads guilty
- Motorcycle fleeing police crashes; 2 dead
- Dog goes missing from Norco grooming shop
- Passenger rants about poison, CIA on plane
- abcnews: Victim's grandson welcomes release of killer
- G8 meeting: Divisions over Syrian civil war
- Yoga may help kids' mental, physical health
- Jackson trial: Former record exec testifies
- OTRC: 'Girl Meets World' getting full series