Woman's bungee cord snaps during Zimbabwe jump
VICTORIA FALLS BRIDGE, Zimbabwe (KABC) -- A thrill-seeker got the scare of a lifetime when her bungee cord snapped during a jump in Zimbabwe.
Australian tourist Erin Langworthy fell into the Zambezi River after the rope snapped.
Langworthy says it's a miracle she even survived.
"When I was first pulled out of the water, they put me on my back, and so all the water that I inhaled meant that I couldn't breathe. So I made them roll me over onto my side and that's when I started coughing out water and blood," Langworthy said.
Photos of Langworthy in the hospital show some of the scrapes and bruises she received to her back and arms.
She can smile about it now knowing that she wasn't seriously injured in the fall.
caught on tape, bizarre news, john hartung
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt 17 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
8 min ago