CA couple wins $208M in NY lottery jackpot
MIDDLE ISLAND, New York (KABC) -- A California couple hit it big with $208 million after buying a ticket for New York's Mega Millions jackpot.
Daniel and Christine Bruckner stepped forward Friday to claim their winnings from December's drawing.
The couple was visiting Christine's parents in Long Island for the holidays when Daniel, a financial analyst in San Jose, Calif., decided to pick up a lottery ticket at the supermarket.
lottery, new york, bizarre news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 7 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 49 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker