Texas mom gives birth in car while dad drives to hospital
WAXAHACHIE, Texas (KABC) -- A woman gave birth in a car as the dad-to-be raced down a Texas highway, keeping one hand on the wheel and another on a video camera.
The couple was just 15 minutes into a 45-minute drive to their birthing center, but the baby just couldn't wait.
New mom Jennifer Russell gave birth to little Willow in the passenger seat of their compact car.
"By the time my water broke, I pushed once and she was out," said Jennifer. "I felt pretty good and I didn't think it was going to happen that fast."
"I just kept making sure the frame was good and that I was staying on the road. I'm surprised, I did real well," said new father Zachary.
Zachary even unwrapped the umbilical cord from around the baby's neck.
Mom and baby are doing just fine.
The couple says they want the Ford compact to be Willow's first car so she can show people where she was born.
- Malaysian official: Missing jet hijacked 34 min ago
- Westbound 134 Fwy closed due to police activity
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)