Texas mom gives birth in car while dad drives to hospital
WAXAHACHIE, Texas (KABC) -- A woman gave birth in a car as the dad-to-be raced down a Texas highway, keeping one hand on the wheel and another on a video camera.
The couple was just 15 minutes into a 45-minute drive to their birthing center, but the baby just couldn't wait.
New mom Jennifer Russell gave birth to little Willow in the passenger seat of their compact car.
"By the time my water broke, I pushed once and she was out," said Jennifer. "I felt pretty good and I didn't think it was going to happen that fast."
"I just kept making sure the frame was good and that I was staying on the road. I'm surprised, I did real well," said new father Zachary.
Zachary even unwrapped the umbilical cord from around the baby's neck.
Mom and baby are doing just fine.
The couple says they want the Ford compact to be Willow's first car so she can show people where she was born.
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film