Texas mom gives birth in car while dad drives to hospital
WAXAHACHIE, Texas (KABC) -- A woman gave birth in a car as the dad-to-be raced down a Texas highway, keeping one hand on the wheel and another on a video camera.
The couple was just 15 minutes into a 45-minute drive to their birthing center, but the baby just couldn't wait.
New mom Jennifer Russell gave birth to little Willow in the passenger seat of their compact car.
"By the time my water broke, I pushed once and she was out," said Jennifer. "I felt pretty good and I didn't think it was going to happen that fast."
"I just kept making sure the frame was good and that I was staying on the road. I'm surprised, I did real well," said new father Zachary.
Zachary even unwrapped the umbilical cord from around the baby's neck.
Mom and baby are doing just fine.
The couple says they want the Ford compact to be Willow's first car so she can show people where she was born.
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 20 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 24 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash 54 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 40 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role