Venezuela tattoo expo showcases 'Vampire Woman'
CARACAS, Venezuela (KABC) -- It was body art taken to a whole new level. Hundreds of artists and aficionados were in Venezuela for a big expo.
Special guests included Mexico's "Vampire Woman"- 98 percent of her body is covered in tattoos. She also has prosthetic fangs and platinum implants in her forehead.
"The 'Vampire Woman' was not something I thought of, it was a name that one of Mexico's major television stations baptized me with," said Maria Jose Cristerna. "It doesn't necessarily bother me because it has helped me transcend to a new level. Yes, I do like vampires but they are only a dream, a fantasy."
In previous interviews, the 35-year-old has said she altered her image as a form of self-expression after being the victim of domestic violence in a former marriage.
Folks from all over the globe were at the expo to show off their work, purchase body jewelry or even get life-long souvenirs.
ABC News contributed to this story.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 4 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 20 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)