Venezuela tattoo expo showcases 'Vampire Woman'
CARACAS, Venezuela (KABC) -- It was body art taken to a whole new level. Hundreds of artists and aficionados were in Venezuela for a big expo.
Special guests included Mexico's "Vampire Woman"- 98 percent of her body is covered in tattoos. She also has prosthetic fangs and platinum implants in her forehead.
"The 'Vampire Woman' was not something I thought of, it was a name that one of Mexico's major television stations baptized me with," said Maria Jose Cristerna. "It doesn't necessarily bother me because it has helped me transcend to a new level. Yes, I do like vampires but they are only a dream, a fantasy."
In previous interviews, the 35-year-old has said she altered her image as a form of self-expression after being the victim of domestic violence in a former marriage.
Folks from all over the globe were at the expo to show off their work, purchase body jewelry or even get life-long souvenirs.
ABC News contributed to this story.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- London attack victim was a serving soldier 9 min ago
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released 19 min ago
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte 1 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Teen birth rate: Nearly all states see drop
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised