Venezuela tattoo expo showcases 'Vampire Woman'
CARACAS, Venezuela (KABC) -- It was body art taken to a whole new level. Hundreds of artists and aficionados were in Venezuela for a big expo.
Special guests included Mexico's "Vampire Woman"- 98 percent of her body is covered in tattoos. She also has prosthetic fangs and platinum implants in her forehead.
"The 'Vampire Woman' was not something I thought of, it was a name that one of Mexico's major television stations baptized me with," said Maria Jose Cristerna. "It doesn't necessarily bother me because it has helped me transcend to a new level. Yes, I do like vampires but they are only a dream, a fantasy."
In previous interviews, the 35-year-old has said she altered her image as a form of self-expression after being the victim of domestic violence in a former marriage.
Folks from all over the globe were at the expo to show off their work, purchase body jewelry or even get life-long souvenirs.
ABC News contributed to this story.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons