You've Got To See This!
Michigan teen lifts car off trapped grandpa
IDA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (KABC) -- A Michigan teenager is being called a hero after lifting a more than 2,000-pound car to save his grandfather trapped underneath.
Austin Smith and his grandfather, Ernest Monhollen, were fixing an old Buick. Smith sat in the driver's seat and realized something was very wrong.
"I was inside&pumping the brakes like this, and I felt it rock just slightly," said Smith.
The 15-year-old got out of the car, and moments later the Buick collapsed on top of his 74-year-old grandfather.
Smith was able to lift the front end high enough for his grandfather to escape.
"Thank God he was here, because if it was just me and his grandmother, it would have been over," said Monhollen.
Monhollen suffered a serious cut on his face and fractured ribs and eye socket. Smith said the freak accident has made him even closer to his grandfather.
rescue, you've got to see this!
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 59 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt 55 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Luxury-grade SUVs increasingly popular
23 min ago