You've Got To See This!
Michigan teen lifts car off trapped grandpa
IDA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (KABC) -- A Michigan teenager is being called a hero after lifting a more than 2,000-pound car to save his grandfather trapped underneath.
Austin Smith and his grandfather, Ernest Monhollen, were fixing an old Buick. Smith sat in the driver's seat and realized something was very wrong.
"I was inside&pumping the brakes like this, and I felt it rock just slightly," said Smith.
The 15-year-old got out of the car, and moments later the Buick collapsed on top of his 74-year-old grandfather.
Smith was able to lift the front end high enough for his grandfather to escape.
"Thank God he was here, because if it was just me and his grandmother, it would have been over," said Monhollen.
Monhollen suffered a serious cut on his face and fractured ribs and eye socket. Smith said the freak accident has made him even closer to his grandfather.
rescue, you've got to see this!
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 4 min ago
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt 53 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
44 min ago