You've Got To See This!
Michigan teen lifts car off trapped grandpa
IDA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (KABC) -- A Michigan teenager is being called a hero after lifting a more than 2,000-pound car to save his grandfather trapped underneath.
Austin Smith and his grandfather, Ernest Monhollen, were fixing an old Buick. Smith sat in the driver's seat and realized something was very wrong.
"I was inside&pumping the brakes like this, and I felt it rock just slightly," said Smith.
The 15-year-old got out of the car, and moments later the Buick collapsed on top of his 74-year-old grandfather.
Smith was able to lift the front end high enough for his grandfather to escape.
"Thank God he was here, because if it was just me and his grandmother, it would have been over," said Monhollen.
Monhollen suffered a serious cut on his face and fractured ribs and eye socket. Smith said the freak accident has made him even closer to his grandfather.
rescue, you've got to see this!
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 9 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 46 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again
- Aug. trial set for Ohio man in kidnap case
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- Baby bath seats recalled due to drowning fear
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)