You've Got To See This!
Michigan teen lifts car off trapped grandpa
IDA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (KABC) -- A Michigan teenager is being called a hero after lifting a more than 2,000-pound car to save his grandfather trapped underneath.
Austin Smith and his grandfather, Ernest Monhollen, were fixing an old Buick. Smith sat in the driver's seat and realized something was very wrong.
"I was inside&pumping the brakes like this, and I felt it rock just slightly," said Smith.
The 15-year-old got out of the car, and moments later the Buick collapsed on top of his 74-year-old grandfather.
Smith was able to lift the front end high enough for his grandfather to escape.
"Thank God he was here, because if it was just me and his grandmother, it would have been over," said Monhollen.
Monhollen suffered a serious cut on his face and fractured ribs and eye socket. Smith said the freak accident has made him even closer to his grandfather.
rescue, you've got to see this!
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 43 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 32 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 26 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 39 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)