You've Got To See This!
Rare baby aardvark debuts at Illinois zoo
Brookfield, Ill. (KABC) -- A baby aardvark was born last month at the Brookfield Zoo outside Chicago.
The zoo says only 28 of the South African animals can be found at zoos across North America.
The animal doesn't have a name yet, mainly because zookeepers won't know if it's a male or female for at least a year.
The aardvark weighed just five pounds at birth and now tips the scales at 15 pounds.
animal news, you've got to see this!
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 24 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach 22 min ago
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail 3 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)