You've Got To See This!
Rare baby aardvark debuts at Illinois zoo
Brookfield, Ill. (KABC) -- A baby aardvark was born last month at the Brookfield Zoo outside Chicago.
The zoo says only 28 of the South African animals can be found at zoos across North America.
The animal doesn't have a name yet, mainly because zookeepers won't know if it's a male or female for at least a year.
The aardvark weighed just five pounds at birth and now tips the scales at 15 pounds.
animal news, you've got to see this!
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested 1 min ago
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Push to get more Covered California signups
36 min ago
- Easy moves to keep hips strong and healthy
35 min ago