You've Got To See This!
Rare baby aardvark debuts at Illinois zoo
Brookfield, Ill. (KABC) -- A baby aardvark was born last month at the Brookfield Zoo outside Chicago.
The zoo says only 28 of the South African animals can be found at zoos across North America.
The animal doesn't have a name yet, mainly because zookeepers won't know if it's a male or female for at least a year.
The aardvark weighed just five pounds at birth and now tips the scales at 15 pounds.
animal news, you've got to see this!
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role