You've Got To See This!
Rare baby aardvark debuts at Illinois zoo
Brookfield, Ill. (KABC) -- A baby aardvark was born last month at the Brookfield Zoo outside Chicago.
The zoo says only 28 of the South African animals can be found at zoos across North America.
The animal doesn't have a name yet, mainly because zookeepers won't know if it's a male or female for at least a year.
The aardvark weighed just five pounds at birth and now tips the scales at 15 pounds.
animal news, you've got to see this!
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 52 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 39 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 44 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors