You've Got To See This!
Rare baby aardvark debuts at Illinois zoo
Brookfield, Ill. (KABC) -- A baby aardvark was born last month at the Brookfield Zoo outside Chicago.
The zoo says only 28 of the South African animals can be found at zoos across North America.
The animal doesn't have a name yet, mainly because zookeepers won't know if it's a male or female for at least a year.
The aardvark weighed just five pounds at birth and now tips the scales at 15 pounds.
animal news, you've got to see this!
- London theater partially collapses; 40 hurt 19 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 7 min ago
- 21 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash 15 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis