You've Got To See This!
Longest bridal train sets Guinness World Record
BUCHAREST, Romania (KABC) -- Romania now holds the Guinness World Record for the longest train from a wedding gown.
The train is so long that it was displayed draped from a hot air balloon. It floated over Bucharest on Tuesday to help people see just how long it is. If that weren't visual enough, a model had the train extend behind her on a street.
Ten seamstresses worked for 100 days to create it. The train, which spans 1.85 miles, was made by the Andree Salon fashion house and the organizers of this year's biannual Wedding Fair in Bucharest.
The lace for the train was imported from France, while taffeta and other fabrics were purchased from Italy, costing a total of 24,000 lei, which amounts to $7,364.48.
Romania beat out the Netherlands, which previously held the world record.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fashion, you've got to see this!
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 1 min ago
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later 58 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break