Aspiring prom queen gets billboard from mom
KILLEEN, Texas (KABC) -- In Killeen, Texas, one mother is sparing no expense to help her daughter become prom queen.
Tammy Day bought a billboard to promote her daughter for the coveted title.
Day says she and her daughter, Brandy, were sitting and chatting one day when they came up with the idea.
"It started out as a joke, you know she had mentioned it, and I literally took it seriously," Tammy Day said. "She almost cried over it. It was really overwhelming, she was really grateful."
Day has also taken out several newspaper ads and recruited a local restaurant for help.
So far, she has spent more than $1,500 on ads.
We'll find out if it worked Saturday night.
prom, bizarre news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 1 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)