Aspiring prom queen gets billboard from mom
KILLEEN, Texas (KABC) -- In Killeen, Texas, one mother is sparing no expense to help her daughter become prom queen.
Tammy Day bought a billboard to promote her daughter for the coveted title.
Day says she and her daughter, Brandy, were sitting and chatting one day when they came up with the idea.
"It started out as a joke, you know she had mentioned it, and I literally took it seriously," Tammy Day said. "She almost cried over it. It was really overwhelming, she was really grateful."
Day has also taken out several newspaper ads and recruited a local restaurant for help.
So far, she has spent more than $1,500 on ads.
We'll find out if it worked Saturday night.
prom, bizarre news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks