Aspiring prom queen gets billboard from mom
KILLEEN, Texas (KABC) -- In Killeen, Texas, one mother is sparing no expense to help her daughter become prom queen.
Tammy Day bought a billboard to promote her daughter for the coveted title.
Day says she and her daughter, Brandy, were sitting and chatting one day when they came up with the idea.
"It started out as a joke, you know she had mentioned it, and I literally took it seriously," Tammy Day said. "She almost cried over it. It was really overwhelming, she was really grateful."
Day has also taken out several newspaper ads and recruited a local restaurant for help.
So far, she has spent more than $1,500 on ads.
We'll find out if it worked Saturday night.
prom, bizarre news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 5 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 27 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 56 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future