Aspiring prom queen gets billboard from mom
KILLEEN, Texas (KABC) -- In Killeen, Texas, one mother is sparing no expense to help her daughter become prom queen.
Tammy Day bought a billboard to promote her daughter for the coveted title.
Day says she and her daughter, Brandy, were sitting and chatting one day when they came up with the idea.
"It started out as a joke, you know she had mentioned it, and I literally took it seriously," Tammy Day said. "She almost cried over it. It was really overwhelming, she was really grateful."
Day has also taken out several newspaper ads and recruited a local restaurant for help.
So far, she has spent more than $1,500 on ads.
We'll find out if it worked Saturday night.
prom, bizarre news
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests 21 min ago
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment 11 min ago
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised