82-year-old woman to climb Mount Everest
MASSACHUSETTS (KABC) -- With Mother's Day coming up on Sunday, most will take their mom out for brunch and a movie. But Massachusetts resident Julie Myers is taking her mother to climb Mount Everest.
Hanni Myers, 82, and her daughter plan on trekking through the lower Everest region, where they will reach heights of up to 14,000 feet. They will also bring items to donate to the Nepal Youth Foundation.
The 17-day excursion is viewed by the two women as a way to inspire others to get out and have fun.
travel, bizarre news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 12 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10