World's most expensive hot dog costs $1,501
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KABC) -- It's being called the world's most expensive hot dog, and even a single bite will set you back a fortune.
They are made from a quarter-pound of premium beef and topped with lobster tail, saffron aioli and gold flakes. A Little Rock, Ark., vendor sold four of these dogs for $1,501.
The vendor, who calls himself "Hot Dog Mike" is giving away $1,500 for each hot dog he sells to a charity that supports the homeless.
He's keeping $1 from each sale for himself.
food, bizarre news
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls 47 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 2013 Cannes fashion: celebs don white (Poll)
- SoCal team advances to NAIA World Series
45 min ago