World's most expensive hot dog costs $1,501
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KABC) -- It's being called the world's most expensive hot dog, and even a single bite will set you back a fortune.
They are made from a quarter-pound of premium beef and topped with lobster tail, saffron aioli and gold flakes. A Little Rock, Ark., vendor sold four of these dogs for $1,501.
The vendor, who calls himself "Hot Dog Mike" is giving away $1,500 for each hot dog he sells to a charity that supports the homeless.
He's keeping $1 from each sale for himself.
food, bizarre news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report