World's most expensive hot dog costs $1,501
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KABC) -- It's being called the world's most expensive hot dog, and even a single bite will set you back a fortune.
They are made from a quarter-pound of premium beef and topped with lobster tail, saffron aioli and gold flakes. A Little Rock, Ark., vendor sold four of these dogs for $1,501.
The vendor, who calls himself "Hot Dog Mike" is giving away $1,500 for each hot dog he sells to a charity that supports the homeless.
He's keeping $1 from each sale for himself.
food, bizarre news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Telescope detects Earth-like planet
8 min ago