NYC penthouse sells for record $90 million
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The world economy may be struggling, but someone has enough money to buy the most expensive apartment in Manhattan.
An unnamed buyer paid $90 million - the highest price ever - for a nearly 11,000 square foot penthouse unit in Midtown. That comes to about $8,000 a square foot.
The condominium is located on the 89th and 90th floors. It features 23-foot ceilings, rosewood flooring, panoramic views of the city, Italian marble and custom hardware and light fixtures.
new york, bizarre news
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 51 min ago
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Hesperia house fire started in gas fireplace 54 min ago
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Mary Barra becomes 1st female CEO of GM 53 min ago
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- How healthy is flavoring up your water?
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus is MTV's Artist of the Year 13 min ago