NYC penthouse sells for record $90 million
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The world economy may be struggling, but someone has enough money to buy the most expensive apartment in Manhattan.
An unnamed buyer paid $90 million - the highest price ever - for a nearly 11,000 square foot penthouse unit in Midtown. That comes to about $8,000 a square foot.
The condominium is located on the 89th and 90th floors. It features 23-foot ceilings, rosewood flooring, panoramic views of the city, Italian marble and custom hardware and light fixtures.
new york, bizarre news
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens 16 min ago
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter' 27 min ago
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought 16 min ago
- Deputies shoot, killed armed man in Compton
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo. 36 min ago
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect 9 min ago
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Kings beat Sharks 3-0, take series lead 3-2
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 4 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews
- 'Epic, 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast 6' in theaters
9 min ago