Texas woman gets 56-lb benign tumor removed
DALLAS (KABC) -- A 76-year-old Texas woman lost more than 50 pounds in one day when she got a benign tumor removed.
Joy Self is now a lot slimmer than she used to be. It was 10 years ago that she first noticed she was putting on weight.
Year after year, she put off going to the doctor until her mid-section grew to the size of a beach ball. Initially, doctors thought it was a hernia, but it turned out it was a benign ovarian tumor.
Doctors carefully removed the tumor, which weighted a whopping 56 pounds.
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 38 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break