Texas woman gets 56-lb benign tumor removed
DALLAS (KABC) -- A 76-year-old Texas woman lost more than 50 pounds in one day when she got a benign tumor removed.
Joy Self is now a lot slimmer than she used to be. It was 10 years ago that she first noticed she was putting on weight.
Year after year, she put off going to the doctor until her mid-section grew to the size of a beach ball. Initially, doctors thought it was a hernia, but it turned out it was a benign ovarian tumor.
Doctors carefully removed the tumor, which weighted a whopping 56 pounds.
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 45 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 51 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited 4 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis