Rare pink diamond sold for $17.4M in Hong Kong
HONG KONG (KABC) -- A rare 12-carat pink diamond has sold for a record-breaking $17.4 million in Hong Kong.
The pink stone is wanted for its color and brilliant round cut. It was sold by Christie's auction house, but there was no word on who bought the stone.
Christie's said this is the first time that a diamond of this color and cut has been sold at auction. The selling price was much more than what was expected.
unbelievable, shopping, bizarre news
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery 36 min ago
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
58 min ago