Rare pink diamond sold for $17.4M in Hong Kong
HONG KONG (KABC) -- A rare 12-carat pink diamond has sold for a record-breaking $17.4 million in Hong Kong.
The pink stone is wanted for its color and brilliant round cut. It was sold by Christie's auction house, but there was no word on who bought the stone.
Christie's said this is the first time that a diamond of this color and cut has been sold at auction. The selling price was much more than what was expected.
unbelievable, shopping, bizarre news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Blind, autistic piano prodigy inspires others
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game 3 min ago
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son