Rare pink diamond sold for $17.4M in Hong Kong
HONG KONG (KABC) -- A rare 12-carat pink diamond has sold for a record-breaking $17.4 million in Hong Kong.
The pink stone is wanted for its color and brilliant round cut. It was sold by Christie's auction house, but there was no word on who bought the stone.
Christie's said this is the first time that a diamond of this color and cut has been sold at auction. The selling price was much more than what was expected.
unbelievable, shopping, bizarre news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 11 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 51 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures 8 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Russia would welcome Crimea, says top lawmaker
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy' 57 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)