Rare pink diamond sold for $17.4M in Hong Kong
HONG KONG (KABC) -- A rare 12-carat pink diamond has sold for a record-breaking $17.4 million in Hong Kong.
The pink stone is wanted for its color and brilliant round cut. It was sold by Christie's auction house, but there was no word on who bought the stone.
Christie's said this is the first time that a diamond of this color and cut has been sold at auction. The selling price was much more than what was expected.
unbelievable, shopping, bizarre news
- Tornado rips through Oklahoma City suburb 23 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Aerial views of Oklahoma tornado damage
47 min ago