Rare pink diamond sold for $17.4M in Hong Kong
HONG KONG (KABC) -- A rare 12-carat pink diamond has sold for a record-breaking $17.4 million in Hong Kong.
The pink stone is wanted for its color and brilliant round cut. It was sold by Christie's auction house, but there was no word on who bought the stone.
Christie's said this is the first time that a diamond of this color and cut has been sold at auction. The selling price was much more than what was expected.
unbelievable, shopping, bizarre news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)