Man sues ex-fiancee, claims she took $20K
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A San Diego woman who dumped her fiance is now being sued by the jilted lover. He says the flight attendant took his money and flew away.
Kendra Platt-Lee called off her engagement with New Yorker Steve Silverstein, saying something just didn't feel right. She gave back the $32,000 ring. But Silverstein says she raided their joint account and made off with $20,000. But Platt-Lee says that's not true.
"I may have broken his heart, but I did not rip him off. At first I thought, maybe he was angry, and now I realize that he's just plain mean. He's not worth a second of my time, any more," she said.
Silverstein is also suing for half of the $13,000 wedding tab. Platt-Lee says he's the one who ran up the big wedding bill.
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- Bynes alleges sexual assault by NYPD officer
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide