Blue lobster caught by Nova Scotia fisherman
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Nova Scotia man is the proud owner of a very unusual blue lobster.
Bobby Stoddard says he and his crew caught it last month. The bright blue lobster is a very rare find.
The University of Maine Lobster Institute says blue lobsters are a one-in-two-million phenomenon. They get their color because of a genetic variation.
The lobster is cooling its claws in a holding tank until Stoddard can decide what to do with it. He offered it to a nearby ocean research institute, but they didn't want it.
animal news, bizarre news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 26 min ago
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian 13 min ago
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 25 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival 59 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report