Boy gets arm stuck trying to steal from soda vending machine
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A 17-year-old San Diego boy found himself in a pickle after attempting to steal a soda from a vending machine.
The teen stuck his hand into the receiving slot of the Coca-Cola and reached in all the way to his shoulder, at which point he became stuck.
A trolley rider spotted the boy in trouble and called for help. Firefighters, police, paramedics and trolley security all responded.
With no keys to be found, rescuers had to use a rotary saw and cut the machine open. The rescue took about an hour.
The boy was removed and checked out by paramedics. Once cleared, police took him into custody. He was facing charges of petty theft.
caught on tape, bizarre news
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 27 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 55 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing 27 min ago
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10
- Pet of the week: 2-month-old Chihuahua-mix
15 min ago