Woman qualifies to compete at National Truck Driving Championship
SEATTLE, Wash. (KABC) -- It's been a long-time dream for a Washington state woman to compete in the National Truck Driving Championship.
Lisa Bry of Seattle drives an 18-wheeler for Boeing, and she just won the state truck driving competition. Bry beat 135 other competitors - most of them men - to earn this spot in the race.
With 28 years of driving under her belt, Bry challenges stereotypes about female drivers with her incredible record.
The national contest begins Aug. 6 in Minneapolis.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate