Woman qualifies to compete at National Truck Driving Championship
SEATTLE, Wash. (KABC) -- It's been a long-time dream for a Washington state woman to compete in the National Truck Driving Championship.
Lisa Bry of Seattle drives an 18-wheeler for Boeing, and she just won the state truck driving competition. Bry beat 135 other competitors - most of them men - to earn this spot in the race.
With 28 years of driving under her belt, Bry challenges stereotypes about female drivers with her incredible record.
The national contest begins Aug. 6 in Minneapolis.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 41 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon 51 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 11 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...