Woman qualifies to compete at National Truck Driving Championship
SEATTLE, Wash. (KABC) -- It's been a long-time dream for a Washington state woman to compete in the National Truck Driving Championship.
Lisa Bry of Seattle drives an 18-wheeler for Boeing, and she just won the state truck driving competition. Bry beat 135 other competitors - most of them men - to earn this spot in the race.
With 28 years of driving under her belt, Bry challenges stereotypes about female drivers with her incredible record.
The national contest begins Aug. 6 in Minneapolis.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing 23 min ago
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- 91 Freeway expansion to ease 'Corona Crawl'
8 min ago