Woman qualifies to compete at National Truck Driving Championship
SEATTLE, Wash. (KABC) -- It's been a long-time dream for a Washington state woman to compete in the National Truck Driving Championship.
Lisa Bry of Seattle drives an 18-wheeler for Boeing, and she just won the state truck driving competition. Bry beat 135 other competitors - most of them men - to earn this spot in the race.
With 28 years of driving under her belt, Bry challenges stereotypes about female drivers with her incredible record.
The national contest begins Aug. 6 in Minneapolis.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 11 min ago
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla. 47 min ago
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks