New baby panda doing well at San Diego Zoo
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- A new baby panda at the San Diego Zoo appears to be doing well on Monday.
Bai Yun, a 20-year-old panda, gave birth to the cub on Sunday afternoon and immediately scooped the cub into her arms and comforted it.
The pregnancy was considered high risk because of the mother's age.
This is Bai Yun's sixth cub born at the zoo, which is the most born at a breeding facility outside of China.
The cub's sex won't be known for several months, and it will be awhile before they're on display to the public.
animal news, bizarre news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 53 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 33 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 36 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals 43 min ago
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour