New baby panda doing well at San Diego Zoo
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- A new baby panda at the San Diego Zoo appears to be doing well on Monday.
Bai Yun, a 20-year-old panda, gave birth to the cub on Sunday afternoon and immediately scooped the cub into her arms and comforted it.
The pregnancy was considered high risk because of the mother's age.
This is Bai Yun's sixth cub born at the zoo, which is the most born at a breeding facility outside of China.
The cub's sex won't be known for several months, and it will be awhile before they're on display to the public.
animal news, bizarre news
- Race for LA mayor too close to call 20 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 8 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10