NorCal dad buys zebra, donkey for daughter birthday
NEWCASTLE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Northern California father bought his daughter a zebra for her 10th birthday.
Brettany Lawton, who already has a dog, said she was shocked by the exotic present.
"I couldn't talk for like five minutes," she said.
Her dad, Brett Lawton, said he thought it would help teach her responsibility.
"I want her to actually have to come out and do something ... give him water and feed him every day," he said.
Brett Lawton also got his daughter a donkey, saying the zebra needed a pal.
animal news, bizarre news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting 39 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 13 min ago
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow 26 min ago
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes 20 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'