NorCal dad buys zebra, donkey for daughter birthday
NEWCASTLE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Northern California father bought his daughter a zebra for her 10th birthday.
Brettany Lawton, who already has a dog, said she was shocked by the exotic present.
"I couldn't talk for like five minutes," she said.
Her dad, Brett Lawton, said he thought it would help teach her responsibility.
"I want her to actually have to come out and do something ... give him water and feed him every day," he said.
Brett Lawton also got his daughter a donkey, saying the zebra needed a pal.
animal news, bizarre news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour