NorCal dad buys zebra, donkey for daughter birthday
NEWCASTLE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Northern California father bought his daughter a zebra for her 10th birthday.
Brettany Lawton, who already has a dog, said she was shocked by the exotic present.
"I couldn't talk for like five minutes," she said.
Her dad, Brett Lawton, said he thought it would help teach her responsibility.
"I want her to actually have to come out and do something ... give him water and feed him every day," he said.
Brett Lawton also got his daughter a donkey, saying the zebra needed a pal.
animal news, bizarre news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed 35 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca 27 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10