NorCal dad buys zebra, donkey for daughter birthday
NEWCASTLE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Northern California father bought his daughter a zebra for her 10th birthday.
Brettany Lawton, who already has a dog, said she was shocked by the exotic present.
"I couldn't talk for like five minutes," she said.
Her dad, Brett Lawton, said he thought it would help teach her responsibility.
"I want her to actually have to come out and do something ... give him water and feed him every day," he said.
Brett Lawton also got his daughter a donkey, saying the zebra needed a pal.
animal news, bizarre news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 4 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 39 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed