Australian boat wreck survivor plucked from ocean as shark circled
LEEMAN, WESTERN AUSTRALIA (KABC) -- A man who survived a fatal boating accident in Australia was rescued just in time after a close encounter with a shark.
The 49-year-old man was the lone survivor after a boating accident off the coast of Western Australia killed one man and left another missing.
He was naked and treading water for about 20 hours when a news helicopter spotted him. Lurking nearby was a hammerhead shark.
The man was finally pulled into a rescue boat and flown to a hospital in Perth. He suffered from exhaustion and hypothermia but is expected to be OK.
animal news, bizarre news
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 11 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 10 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 1 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
25 min ago