Australian boat wreck survivor plucked from ocean as shark circled
LEEMAN, WESTERN AUSTRALIA (KABC) -- A man who survived a fatal boating accident in Australia was rescued just in time after a close encounter with a shark.
The 49-year-old man was the lone survivor after a boating accident off the coast of Western Australia killed one man and left another missing.
He was naked and treading water for about 20 hours when a news helicopter spotted him. Lurking nearby was a hammerhead shark.
The man was finally pulled into a rescue boat and flown to a hospital in Perth. He suffered from exhaustion and hypothermia but is expected to be OK.
animal news, bizarre news
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 37 dead 14 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery 10 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX 33 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013