Brazilian man survives after 6-foot bar pierces brain
RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (KABC) -- A 24-year-old construction worker in Brazil had his head pierced by a 6-foot metal bar and he lived to tell the tale.
Eduardo Leite was wearing a hard hat when the bar plunged five stories and penetrated the back of his skull through the hat and exited between his eyes.
Doctors say Leite was actually conscious and told them what happened when he arrived at the hospital.
It took a five-hour surgery to remove the bar on Wednesday and by Thursday, Leite was eating normally and said he felt very little pain.
A surgeon said Leite narrowly escaped the loss of one eye and paralysis on the left side of his body.
ABC News contributed to this report.
accident, bizarre news
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 24 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- 'Returnaholics' punished by some retailers
55 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
48 min ago