Ohio mom drives on sidewalk to pass bus
CLEVELAND (KABC) -- A Cleveland mother was videotaped driving on the sidewalk while rushing her daughter to school.
Shena Hardin, 32, apparently was driving on the sidewalk to avoid waiting for a school bus that was picking up a handicapped child.
The bus driver said it wasn't the first time Hardin had done it. He decided to capture it on his cellphone to help police put a stop to it.
Hardin's mother explained her daughter's actions.
"This morning she was late. She was trying to get her daughter to school. The reason for going around and going to the side was to give that bus plenty of room," said Toni Hardin.
Shena Hardin was cited for not stopping for the school bus. The bus driver was credited by supervisors for his quick-thinking to nab the driver on camera.
caught on tape, bizarre news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 46 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43 51 min ago
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role