World's tallest dog: Great Dane stands 7'4"
OTSEGO, Mich. (KABC) -- The world's tallest dog stands 7 feet 4 inches tall and resides in Otsego, Mich., according to the Guinness World Records 2013 book published Thursday.
The Great Dane named Zeus is only 3 years old and measures 44 inches from foot to shoulder. He's just an inch taller than the previous record holder, Giant George.
Zeus weighs 155 pounds and eats a 30-pound bag of food every two weeks. His owner, Denise Doorlag, says she had to get a van to be able to transport Zeus.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
animal news, unbelievable, bizarre news
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants