World's tallest dog: Great Dane stands 7'4"
OTSEGO, Mich. (KABC) -- The world's tallest dog stands 7 feet 4 inches tall and resides in Otsego, Mich., according to the Guinness World Records 2013 book published Thursday.
The Great Dane named Zeus is only 3 years old and measures 44 inches from foot to shoulder. He's just an inch taller than the previous record holder, Giant George.
Zeus weighs 155 pounds and eats a 30-pound bag of food every two weeks. His owner, Denise Doorlag, says she had to get a van to be able to transport Zeus.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
animal news, unbelievable, bizarre news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 46 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 33 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 18 min ago
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 2 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 51 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts