World's tallest dog: Great Dane stands 7'4"
OTSEGO, Mich. (KABC) -- The world's tallest dog stands 7 feet 4 inches tall and resides in Otsego, Mich., according to the Guinness World Records 2013 book published Thursday.
The Great Dane named Zeus is only 3 years old and measures 44 inches from foot to shoulder. He's just an inch taller than the previous record holder, Giant George.
Zeus weighs 155 pounds and eats a 30-pound bag of food every two weeks. His owner, Denise Doorlag, says she had to get a van to be able to transport Zeus.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
animal news, unbelievable, bizarre news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court 7 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe 2 min ago
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending
11 min ago