Puppy wedged in car grill survives 11-mile ride
TAUNTON, Mass. (KABC) -- A puppy survived an 11-mile ride from Massachusetts to Rhode Island wedged under the front grill after being hit by a car.
Authorities say the dog was hit by a Toyota sedan in Taunton on Sept. 20. The driver slammed on the brakes, but apparently didn't see the dog and continued driving.
Other drivers saw the dog wedged into the grill area and tried to flag down the car, but it continued for 11 miles before stopping.
The driver went to the police station, where animal control officials freed the fluffy white pooch. The dog suffered a concussion and possibly a minor bladder rupture. She's recovering at a Rhode Island animal control shelter.
"She was holding on to the front bumper, holding on for dear life. This is definitely one of the luckiest dogs I've met," said East Providence Animal Control supervisor William Muggle.
There's a microchip and a collar on the dog, but so far, animal control has not been able to find the dog owner.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
animal news, bizarre news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 7 min ago
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians