Thief detained by Good Samaritans after stealing 62-year-old woman's wallet
COLUMBUS, Ohio (KABC) -- An alleged thief was detained by Good Samaritans after he tried to steal a 62-year-old woman's wallet at a grocery store in Columbus, Ohio on Monday.
The disabled victim, Rosemary Smith, cashed a check at a Kroger customer service counter and was walking out of the store with her cash in hand, when the thief spotted her and followed her out. As Smith was about to get into her brother's car waiting outside the store, the thief grabbed her wallet with all the cash inside.
The suspect then took off running, but he didn't get too far. Several customers in the parking lot ran after the suspect, identified as 38-year-old Richie Dennison, and detained him until police arrived.
Smith fell during the incident, but is on the mend.
arrest, robbery, bizarre news
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders 55 min ago
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 13 min ago
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions