Illusionist David Blaine's latest stunt: 'Electrified'
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Illusionist David Blaine's kicked off his latest hair-raising stunt "Electrified: One Million Volts Always On" Friday.
The 39-year-old daredevil will be standing on New York's Pier 54 in the middle of a million volts of electric currents for three days and three nights.
The only protection from the currents streamed by tesla coils is the chainmail bodysuit he's wearing.
The stuntman is letting people control the coils at pop-up stations all over the world including Beijing, London, Tokyo, and Sydney. The audience members have the power to determine how much power the electric currents have and where the Tesla coils are directed.
YouTube is also streaming the daring stunt thanks to a collaboration between David Blaine and computing company Intel.
new york, unbelievable, bizarre news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 55 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 4 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 6 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 25 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...