Fla. zoo offers chance to swim with tiger cub
DADE CITY, Fla. (KABC) -- If you're looking to get a little "wild" on your next birthday, you might want to head to Florida, where a zoo is offering a chance to swim with a tiger cub!
His name is "Tony the Tiger," and the zoo is allowing visitors to have some special one-on-one pool time with him - that is, until he reaches 25 pounds. He's about 8 pounds now.
"It's about 30 minutes, and what you get to do is come out and play with the tiger cub. You get to spend some time on the land playing with them, running around. Sometimes, he'll take his bottle so you get to feed him, and you actually get to get in the water with him," described Randy Stearns with Dade City's Wild Things.
Tony isn't the only creature you can swim with. The zoo also offers pool time with "Allie the Alligator." The swims range in price from $100-$200 for 30 minutes.
animal news, bizarre news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 17 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 21 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts