Fla. zoo offers chance to swim with tiger cub
DADE CITY, Fla. (KABC) -- If you're looking to get a little "wild" on your next birthday, you might want to head to Florida, where a zoo is offering a chance to swim with a tiger cub!
His name is "Tony the Tiger," and the zoo is allowing visitors to have some special one-on-one pool time with him - that is, until he reaches 25 pounds. He's about 8 pounds now.
"It's about 30 minutes, and what you get to do is come out and play with the tiger cub. You get to spend some time on the land playing with them, running around. Sometimes, he'll take his bottle so you get to feed him, and you actually get to get in the water with him," described Randy Stearns with Dade City's Wild Things.
Tony isn't the only creature you can swim with. The zoo also offers pool time with "Allie the Alligator." The swims range in price from $100-$200 for 30 minutes.
animal news, bizarre news
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide