Vegas cab driver finds $221K, turns in money, received $2K reward
LAS VEGAS (KABC) -- A Las Vegas cab driver found $221,000 in his van and turned the money in.
Adam Woldemariam found the money-filled laptop computer case last month. He turned it over to his cab company's lost and found department.
The passenger who left the cash behind gave Woldemariam a $2,000 reward. Fellow cabbies teased that it was only a 1-percent tip.
But to Woldemariam's family in Ethiopia, the money means a lot.
"To send some money for his family, so it's a gift," said one co-worker. "That $2,000 means a lot to send back home."
The owner of the money says he won it at the Wynn Casino and accidentally left it in the cab on the way to the airport.
- Grapevine slowly reopens with CHP escorts 42 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed, 1 injured in San Clemente crash 35 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?