Vegas cab driver finds $221K, turns in money, received $2K reward
LAS VEGAS (KABC) -- A Las Vegas cab driver found $221,000 in his van and turned the money in.
Adam Woldemariam found the money-filled laptop computer case last month. He turned it over to his cab company's lost and found department.
The passenger who left the cash behind gave Woldemariam a $2,000 reward. Fellow cabbies teased that it was only a 1-percent tip.
But to Woldemariam's family in Ethiopia, the money means a lot.
"To send some money for his family, so it's a gift," said one co-worker. "That $2,000 means a lot to send back home."
The owner of the money says he won it at the Wynn Casino and accidentally left it in the cab on the way to the airport.
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 44 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months