Softball-sized eyeball found on Florida beach
MIAMI (KABC) -- A giant eyeball has washed ashore on a Florida beach - and it's the size of a softball.
A man found the eyeball Wednesday at Pompano Beach, north of Fort Lauderdale.
The orb will be analyzed at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute in St. Petersburg.
An agency spokesperson said the eyeball is most likely from a marine animal, since it was found on the beach.
Possible candidates include a giant squid, a whale or some type of large fish.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 24 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 43 min ago
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
21 min ago