Softball-sized eyeball found on Florida beach
MIAMI (KABC) -- A giant eyeball has washed ashore on a Florida beach - and it's the size of a softball.
A man found the eyeball Wednesday at Pompano Beach, north of Fort Lauderdale.
The orb will be analyzed at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute in St. Petersburg.
An agency spokesperson said the eyeball is most likely from a marine animal, since it was found on the beach.
Possible candidates include a giant squid, a whale or some type of large fish.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 32 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Supermarket overload: Too many product...
17 min ago