Softball-sized eyeball found on Florida beach
MIAMI (KABC) -- A giant eyeball has washed ashore on a Florida beach - and it's the size of a softball.
A man found the eyeball Wednesday at Pompano Beach, north of Fort Lauderdale.
The orb will be analyzed at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute in St. Petersburg.
An agency spokesperson said the eyeball is most likely from a marine animal, since it was found on the beach.
Possible candidates include a giant squid, a whale or some type of large fish.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle 34 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future