Cast your vote to name San Diego Zoo panda
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- It's not too late to cast your vote to name the San Diego Zoo's newest baby panda.
The giant panda cub was born on July 29. The zoo is following Chinese tradition by naming the male cub after he's 100 days old, coming up in mid-November.
There are six Chinese names to choose from, narrowed down from more than 7,000 suggestions the zoo received last month:
- Qi Ji, which means Miracle
- Yu Di, which means Raindrop
- Da Hai, which means Big Ocean or Big Sea
- Xiao Liwu, which means Little Gift
- Yong Er, which means Brave Son
- Shui Long, which means Water Dragon
Voting started this week and ends next Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 5 p.m. The panda's name will be revealed on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at a public naming ceremony at the San Diego Zoo.
animal news, san diego, bizarre news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 6 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Russia would welcome Crimea, says top lawmaker
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)