House at Haunted Hill has high-tech thrills
WOODLAND HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- We are three days from Halloween, but the festivities are already underway. Those include a spooky and popular haunted house. It was inspired by Disney's Haunted Mansion ride.
It's not your average neighborhood haunted house. The House at Haunted Hill is a high-tech spectacle that includes talking jack-o-lanterns and Halloween holograms.
Every year crowds of people come by to the free event to be spooked and entertained. And this year the show once again delivers.
The entire production is run by Hollywood special-effects artists and is the brainchild of husband and wife Matt and Lori Ford, who work in the entertainment industry.
The free event has grown in size since the Fords began doing the House at Haunted Hill back in 2000.
"I had no idea it would turn into this," said Lori Ford. "And actually I think deep down inside my husband wanted it to turn into this, and it was a surprise to me."
The production takes a lot of preparation and the two depend on several volunteers.
"We are very lucky to have some serious, serious talent, people that work in the business, that volunteer their time, either in special effects, music, writing, just people from all elements of the industry that really help us out," said Matt Ford.
Those who dared to enter say it's a show you won't want to miss.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
bizarre news, darsha philips
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- Mega Millions jackpot may exceed $400 million
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 41 min ago
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case 49 min ago
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
45 min ago