NorCal triplets weigh 20 pounds at birth, may set world record
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A young Northern California couple's triplets may set a Guinness World Record for their total weight.
Brittany Deen's three baby boys weighed a total of 20 pounds at birth, which beats the current record of just over 18 pounds for triplets.
Deen joked that when she saw the size of her triplets, it explained her back pain and fatigue.
She said she had to eat 6,000 calories a day to make sure the triplets got the nutrients they needed. She compared her extreme diet to that of Olympian Michael Phelps, adding that it felt like she was eating for 17 rather than for four.
pregnancy, bizarre news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 10 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 36 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 40 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour