NorCal triplets weigh 20 pounds at birth, may set world record
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A young Northern California couple's triplets may set a Guinness World Record for their total weight.
Brittany Deen's three baby boys weighed a total of 20 pounds at birth, which beats the current record of just over 18 pounds for triplets.
Deen joked that when she saw the size of her triplets, it explained her back pain and fatigue.
She said she had to eat 6,000 calories a day to make sure the triplets got the nutrients they needed. She compared her extreme diet to that of Olympian Michael Phelps, adding that it felt like she was eating for 17 rather than for four.
pregnancy, bizarre news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 30 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 11 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months