NorCal triplets weigh 20 pounds at birth, may set world record
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A young Northern California couple's triplets may set a Guinness World Record for their total weight.
Brittany Deen's three baby boys weighed a total of 20 pounds at birth, which beats the current record of just over 18 pounds for triplets.
Deen joked that when she saw the size of her triplets, it explained her back pain and fatigue.
She said she had to eat 6,000 calories a day to make sure the triplets got the nutrients they needed. She compared her extreme diet to that of Olympian Michael Phelps, adding that it felt like she was eating for 17 rather than for four.
pregnancy, bizarre news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 33 min ago
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion 56 min ago
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018 8 min ago
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video) 53 min ago