Mini Cooper record: 28 UK women cram into car
LONDON (KABC) -- How many people can you cram into a Mini Cooper? A group of people in the UK answered that question and set a new record!
Twenty-eight British women stretched and shed their shoes before piling into the car on the banks of the River Thames.
The event was spearheaded by Dani Maynard, who held the previous record of 27 people in a Mini.
The 28 women managed to jam into the car within 10 minutes. With all the doors and windows shut, they had to remain in the vehicle for five seconds for the new record to stand.
When the countdown ended, cheers erupted.
Maynard said their record was something the country could be proud of.
"I popped 28 women, not quite as easy as it sounds, but I put 28 women in that car to break the world record yet again for Britain," she said.
All the participants emerged from the crushing conditions unharmed.
Guinness World Record officials adjudicated the attempt and presented the team with a certificate to mark the occasion.
ABC News contributed to this report.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role