Powerball jackpot jumps to record $425M after no winner
URBANDALE, Iowa (KABC) -- The Powerball jackpot just jumped from $325 million to an estimated $425 million after no players matched the winning numbers for Saturday's drawing.
The winning Powerball jackpot numbers for Saturday were 22-32-37-44-50, and the Powerball was 34.
While California and Nevada can't play the game, you can ask your friends to the north in Oregon, or to the east in Arizona, to buy you a ticket for the next drawing.
Lottery officials say the jackpot for Wednesday's drawing could go even higher than the estimated $425 million, because of the sales generated by the hype of the record drawing.
The previous top Powerball prize was $365 million, won in 2006 by a group of Nebraska workers.
lottery, bizarre news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet 16 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants