NorCal magician's head set on fire on TV show
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (KABC) -- A Northern California magician is recuperating Sunday after his head was set on fire in the Dominican Republic.
Wayne Houchin of Chico was performing on Nov. 26 with other magicians on a TV show called "Closer to the Stars." The show never aired, but video of the incident surfaced on YouTube.
In the video, the guest host, Franklin Barazarte, suddenly douses Houchin's head with flammable cologne, which ignited. It's still unclear why the host did this, and the program has not commented.
Houchin is receiving treatment for burns that doctors are cautiously optimistic will not result in scars. A post on Houchin's Facebook page says that he is resting, healing and working through the legal process in the Dominican Republic.
The California native says Barazarte's actions were completely unexpected and he considers it a criminal attack.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, bizarre news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors