NorCal magician's head set on fire on TV show
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (KABC) -- A Northern California magician is recuperating Sunday after his head was set on fire in the Dominican Republic.
Wayne Houchin of Chico was performing on Nov. 26 with other magicians on a TV show called "Closer to the Stars." The show never aired, but video of the incident surfaced on YouTube.
In the video, the guest host, Franklin Barazarte, suddenly douses Houchin's head with flammable cologne, which ignited. It's still unclear why the host did this, and the program has not commented.
Houchin is receiving treatment for burns that doctors are cautiously optimistic will not result in scars. A post on Houchin's Facebook page says that he is resting, healing and working through the legal process in the Dominican Republic.
The California native says Barazarte's actions were completely unexpected and he considers it a criminal attack.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, bizarre news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery 45 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
35 min ago