Boy's turkey call summons lost hard-of-hearing old dog
DUNDEE, N.Y. (KABC) -- A New York man feared the worst after his dog disappeared in a snowstorm. But five days later the dog was found alive, thanks to an 11-year-old's turkey call.
Maggie, a Labrador/springer mix, went missing the day after Christmas. She's 17 years old and can't see very well anymore, so after a couple days of searching her owner started to lose hope.
But it turns out he got some help in an unusual way.
"I was sitting on a snow bank practicing my turkey call when I saw something brown and I called my dad," said Austin Gibson, 11. "She was just standing there wagging her tail and looking at us."
Maggie is hard of hearing, but she could still make out the turkey call.
It helped lead to her being reunited with her owner after a long five days.
Austin says he's a dog lover himself and was only too happy to help.
animal news, bizarre news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat 53 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla. 35 min ago
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks