Rare painting worth $12K found at Goodwill in Virginia
MANASSAS, Virg. (KABC) -- A Goodwill employee discovered an expensive piece of art while sorting through thousands of donations in Virginia.
Maria Rivera stumbled upon an original Giovanni Batista Torriglia painting and instantly knew it was something special.
Rivera said the work of art looked exactly like another one she had seen in a museum.
The store had it appraised and discovered the authentic painting was worth between $12,000 and $18,000.
Goodwill has since put the painting online and drawn in thousands of dollars in bids. The auction ends Jan. 16.
For more information, visit www.shopgoodwill.com.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 40 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student 11 min ago
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 43 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis