Michigan man catches giant goldfish in local lake
DETROIT (KABC) -- Michigan fisherman Mike Martin has landed a very unusual catch: A giant goldfish. Martin caught the fish in a lake near Saint Clair, Michigan.
"Basically, I was doing what I always do, trying to catch perch and I thought I had a big perch on," said Martin. "Definitely not a perch."
The fish weighs more than 3 pounds and is about 15 inches long.
He thought he might have a record catch. But among the biggest fish ever caught in Michigan, goldfish weren't even on the list. Goldfish are notoriously difficult to catch in the wild.
"Everybody wants to just dump them out their sea wall and let them be free and this is what they turn into," said Martin.
He plans to mount it on the wall of his home.
animal news, bizarre news
- Race for Los Angeles mayor too close to call 13 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete 19 min ago
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney 23 min ago
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10