Michigan man catches giant goldfish in local lake
DETROIT (KABC) -- Michigan fisherman Mike Martin has landed a very unusual catch: A giant goldfish. Martin caught the fish in a lake near Saint Clair, Michigan.
"Basically, I was doing what I always do, trying to catch perch and I thought I had a big perch on," said Martin. "Definitely not a perch."
The fish weighs more than 3 pounds and is about 15 inches long.
He thought he might have a record catch. But among the biggest fish ever caught in Michigan, goldfish weren't even on the list. Goldfish are notoriously difficult to catch in the wild.
"Everybody wants to just dump them out their sea wall and let them be free and this is what they turn into," said Martin.
He plans to mount it on the wall of his home.
animal news, bizarre news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 36 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies 2 min ago
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Newlywed allegedly pushed husband to death 24 min ago
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event