Michigan man catches giant goldfish in local lake
DETROIT (KABC) -- Michigan fisherman Mike Martin has landed a very unusual catch: A giant goldfish. Martin caught the fish in a lake near Saint Clair, Michigan.
"Basically, I was doing what I always do, trying to catch perch and I thought I had a big perch on," said Martin. "Definitely not a perch."
The fish weighs more than 3 pounds and is about 15 inches long.
He thought he might have a record catch. But among the biggest fish ever caught in Michigan, goldfish weren't even on the list. Goldfish are notoriously difficult to catch in the wild.
"Everybody wants to just dump them out their sea wall and let them be free and this is what they turn into," said Martin.
He plans to mount it on the wall of his home.
animal news, bizarre news
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require TAP card 21 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer 33 min ago
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test 11 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- OTRC: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis