Michigan man catches giant goldfish in local lake
DETROIT (KABC) -- Michigan fisherman Mike Martin has landed a very unusual catch: A giant goldfish. Martin caught the fish in a lake near Saint Clair, Michigan.
"Basically, I was doing what I always do, trying to catch perch and I thought I had a big perch on," said Martin. "Definitely not a perch."
The fish weighs more than 3 pounds and is about 15 inches long.
He thought he might have a record catch. But among the biggest fish ever caught in Michigan, goldfish weren't even on the list. Goldfish are notoriously difficult to catch in the wild.
"Everybody wants to just dump them out their sea wall and let them be free and this is what they turn into," said Martin.
He plans to mount it on the wall of his home.
animal news, bizarre news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested 58 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 44 min ago
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City 23 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour