Michigan man catches giant goldfish in local lake
DETROIT (KABC) -- Michigan fisherman Mike Martin has landed a very unusual catch: A giant goldfish. Martin caught the fish in a lake near Saint Clair, Michigan.
"Basically, I was doing what I always do, trying to catch perch and I thought I had a big perch on," said Martin. "Definitely not a perch."
The fish weighs more than 3 pounds and is about 15 inches long.
He thought he might have a record catch. But among the biggest fish ever caught in Michigan, goldfish weren't even on the list. Goldfish are notoriously difficult to catch in the wild.
"Everybody wants to just dump them out their sea wall and let them be free and this is what they turn into," said Martin.
He plans to mount it on the wall of his home.
animal news, bizarre news
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 20 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
14 min ago
- Illinois students spread joy w/ Dial-a -Carol
15 min ago