Woman saved after fainting, falling on train tracks in Madrid
MADRID (KABC) -- A woman wedged between the tracks of a subway station was rescued just in time.
Cameras caught the horrifying video of the dramatic rescue at a subway station in Madrid, Spain Monday.
A woman reportedly fainted and fell onto the tracks in the Marques de Vadillo station.
As witnesses started to scream and warn the oncoming train, an off-duty policeman jumped into action.
The unidentified hero ran down the tracks, grabbed the unconscious woman and dragged her to safety before the train entered the station.
It's not clear why he took her to the opposite platform but the woman was treated at the scene and expected to be OK. The 52-year-old unidentified woman had fainted after suffering a dizzy spell.
caught on tape, bizarre news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 59 min ago
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 44 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal 21 min ago
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)