Woman saved after fainting, falling on train tracks in Madrid
MADRID (KABC) -- A woman wedged between the tracks of a subway station was rescued just in time.
Cameras caught the horrifying video of the dramatic rescue at a subway station in Madrid, Spain Monday.
A woman reportedly fainted and fell onto the tracks in the Marques de Vadillo station.
As witnesses started to scream and warn the oncoming train, an off-duty policeman jumped into action.
The unidentified hero ran down the tracks, grabbed the unconscious woman and dragged her to safety before the train entered the station.
It's not clear why he took her to the opposite platform but the woman was treated at the scene and expected to be OK. The 52-year-old unidentified woman had fainted after suffering a dizzy spell.
caught on tape, bizarre news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat 33 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla. 15 min ago
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks