Woman saved after fainting, falling on train tracks in Madrid
MADRID (KABC) -- A woman wedged between the tracks of a subway station was rescued just in time.
Cameras caught the horrifying video of the dramatic rescue at a subway station in Madrid, Spain Monday.
A woman reportedly fainted and fell onto the tracks in the Marques de Vadillo station.
As witnesses started to scream and warn the oncoming train, an off-duty policeman jumped into action.
The unidentified hero ran down the tracks, grabbed the unconscious woman and dragged her to safety before the train entered the station.
It's not clear why he took her to the opposite platform but the woman was treated at the scene and expected to be OK. The 52-year-old unidentified woman had fainted after suffering a dizzy spell.
caught on tape, bizarre news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2