Woman saved after fainting, falling on train tracks in Madrid
MADRID (KABC) -- A woman wedged between the tracks of a subway station was rescued just in time.
Cameras caught the horrifying video of the dramatic rescue at a subway station in Madrid, Spain Monday.
A woman reportedly fainted and fell onto the tracks in the Marques de Vadillo station.
As witnesses started to scream and warn the oncoming train, an off-duty policeman jumped into action.
The unidentified hero ran down the tracks, grabbed the unconscious woman and dragged her to safety before the train entered the station.
It's not clear why he took her to the opposite platform but the woman was treated at the scene and expected to be OK. The 52-year-old unidentified woman had fainted after suffering a dizzy spell.
caught on tape, bizarre news
- CO school shooting suspect dead, says sheriff 31 min ago
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport 36 min ago
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- SoCal boy's cancer fight inspires
- OC homicide: Roommate sought for questioning 48 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million
- Mom with cancer inspires daughter's friend
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'